Sunday, September 10, 2006

September 10th, 2006: Happy Birfday To Me!

Whoever said "time flies when you're having fun" sure knew what they were talking about! Because sure enough, it's been FIVE YEARS since I first scrawled that nearly incoherent comic strip about a guy drawing... well, a comic strip.

So here we are: one thousand, eight hundred and twenty five days later. And what have we learned? Well, I'VE learned that writing something funny (I hope) on a daily basis isn't as easy as it sounds. Heck, two of my friends offered to write a PIRATE COVE episode each once... and never got past the planning stage. But despite the late hours, the days when I didn't think I was going to make the deadline, and those wonderful times when the server crashed, I've definitely had fun these past five years.

And I hope you've gotten a mild chuckle or two along the way as well. After all, what's the use in creating something like this if no one's enjoying it? Besides the satifaction one gets from being a severe pain the rump, that is.

So on behalf of myself, Brian, Patty, Louis, Larry, Edre, Joe, Safiya, and the rest of the crew here at PIRATE COVE, I hereby offer you, the reader, my most exhalted THANK YOU!

Will PIRATE COVE last another 5 years?

"We'll see," he replied slyly, "we'll just see..."

VIVA LAS VEGAS!

- J!

2 Comments:

At 12:14 AM, Blogger Rory said...

Thanks, Joe.

It's been a little joy every day to see the story progress... and it all adds up to make a lot of happiness.

Your hard work, dedication, sacrifice and wit are all very much appreciated.

 
At 9:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you doing anything special for Talk Like A Pirate Day? It's tomorrow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home