Tuesday, October 17, 2006

October 17th, 2006: Hither and Dither

I'll be the first to admit: I'm not always a consistant person. In fact, the only thing I think I've managed to stay consistant with for an extended period of time has been PIRATE COVE! So much for the Blog, eh?

Not many people know this, but I maintain a double life. PIRATE COVE isn't my full time job. I actually work a 40-hour-plus week at a motion picture production company in good 'ol Hollywood! So there's my excuse for not updating the Blog or getting back to your e-mails in a timely manner.



I can't complain about being too busy, tho, as I've found time for a couple escapes over the past month. A couple weeks back, I got invited to the Playboy Mansion for the Cedars-Sinai Charity Celebrity Tennis Event. Lots of free food, silent auctions for charity, Playmates, Hef, and the opportunity to wander the grounds at will... ah, the life of a semi-famous cartoonist!



Then, last weekend, I assisted World-famous photographer / model train layout designer / band road manager / album cover designer Larry Dupont in moving his latest work of art out of his back room studio for transport to its new home in San Diego.





Lemme tell ya - this guy is incredible. Those pictures aren't of a real mountain or desert. He molded the rocks, he painted the desert, he built the tunnels. I think he worked on this for over a year!





Anyway... how about some PIRATE COVE news? I have some, you know. I'm not here to just ramble on about my private life. Here goes:

1) For those of you who've come up to me at conventions and asked - nay, DEMANDED - printed copies of the PIRATE COVE comics in book form, then demand no more. The first book will be available in DECEMBER. Just in time for Christmas. I'm working on figuring out the pricing at the moment. I'd love to be able to put these out in full color, but I also want to keep the price down. More info on this to follow.

2) As Episode 28 slowly but surely wraps up, I'm still planning on taking a break. Not as long a break as originally planned, tho. Episode 29 will probably start up in late December. I'm also considering switching to a "weekday update only" schedule. Sometimes the weekends kill me.

3) There will still be updates to the site during my hiatus. I'm planning on adding more books to the "BEFORE THE COVE" section and throwing out a few other surprises in the meanwhile.

OK, back to the grind goes I. Actually, I'm going to lunch. Stay tuned for more updates. I promise I'll try to log in to The Captain's Table more than once a month!

Viva Las Vegas!

- Joe!

3 Comments:

At 6:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like when people are expressing their opinion and thought. So I like the way you are writing

 
At 11:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The early bird catches the worm.

 
At 11:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So qrazy..
Oh..

Later

 

Post a Comment

<< Home