Wednesday, July 25, 2007

July 25th, 2007: Comic Con Ho!

And no, I'm not talking about some lady standing on a street corner down by the convention center!

I can't believe Comic Con 2007 is upon us already! I'm exhausted already. Seriously - I'm ready to pass out. But that might be because I had the great pleasure of spending last night in the company of Matt Groening at the premiere of The Simpsons Movie!

It really has been a busy week. In between my worrying about whether or not the books would arrive from the publishers in time for the convention (they did! Hurrah!) and trying to rebuild my broken display scaffolding for the PIRATE COVE banner, I purchased the new Harry Potter book (and read the whole thing over the weekend,) had some guests come in from out of town, had a few work-related emergencies, and then wedged in a little fun at the premiere. Got to run into some famous people, too!

Cedric Yarbrough from "Reno 911!"


























Mark Hamill from some sci-fi series...

















Dr. Demento










and The Simpsons themselves!

But enough fun & frolic! It's time to pack up those last-minute sketch pads, forget to pack underwear, and hit the road for Comic Con!

Hopefully I'll see some of you down there! And for those of you who can't make it, remember: Comic ConJob 3 will be on sale in the PIRATE COVE Lulu Store sometime on Monday!

Oh! One other thing - PIRATE COVE will NOT be updating on Thursday the 26th or Friday the 27th, but we'll be back for more action on Monday the 30th!

Viva San Diego!

- Joe!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home