Thursday, August 16, 2007

August 16th, 2007: The DEATH of PIRATE COVE



I was organizing some files yesterday when I came across a folder labeled "JOE IS DEAD." Inside, I found some artwork featuring the PIRATE COVE character of Joe, explaining to readers that Joe D'Angelo, the writer / artist of PIRATE COVE, had died and, rather than leave the audience with a cliffhanger, we had one last strip for them. Obviously, this was meant to appear in the event of just such a situation... and I'd totally forgotten about it!

Well, calm yourself - I'm not dead. Not yet, anyway.

This strip was actually created WAY WAY WAY WAY back in October of 2001, just before the reveal of Safiya and Bruce the Wereshark (just goes to show ya - I actually DO plan the storylines ahead of time! Sometimes.)

Considering all the seismic activity that's been occuring lately, threatening to dump much of Southern California into the Pacific Ocean, I felt it was high time I revealed this ticking timebomb of a comic strip to the readers of PIRATE COVE.

Regarding the quality and content of the comic itself, well, I was still working with a really crappy color palette so the skin tones look a bit garish. And as for the characters, well, you've got Joe, Safiya, Boris, Randy, Crow, Louis, Pete Sellers, and the floating eye belongs to Bruce the Wereshark. Give the image a click for a larger view.

Enjoy! And let's be careful out there!

Viva Las Vegas!

- Joe!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home