Friday, August 24, 2007

August 24th, 2007 - Let's All Go To The Movies!



Howdy, folks! Sorry about the delay with the strip today!

A quick update on this year's week-long vacation: PIRATE COVE will be taking off from September 3rd through September 7th. There will be sketch filler updates that week, but ONLY over at the WEBCOMICS NATION site. Regular updates will resume on September 10th.

In other news, there's a new movie coming out from Hyde Park Entertainment, which is the production company I work for when I'm not slaving away on PIRATE COVE. It's called DEATH SENTENCE, it stars Kevin Bacon (you know - that guy from the first Friday the 13th movie,) and was directed by Mr. James "the direct of SAW" Wan.

The film opens on August 31st and is surprisingly effective. It's a story we've all heard before: man's loved one is killed, the bad guy is let go, man kills bad guy, all hell breaks loose... but this is the first time I've watched a movie like this where I found myself thinking "wow. What would I have done in a situation like that? Probably the same exact thing!" At least, that's what I was thinking when there weren't cars flying off parking garage roofs, people weren't launching themselves down flights of stairs, and body parts weren't being blown off with shotguns. This is a very violent movie, make no mistake!



The best part of the movie, in my opinion, has got to be John Goodman. He has a very small role, but he steals every scene he's in. Heck, he steals the scenes surrounding the scenes he's in by osmosis.

Anyway... that's all I've got for now. I'll try to post one more update before I head out for my week-long exile. Stay safe and watch out for revenge served with a side of Bacon!



- J!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home