Tuesday, May 30, 2006

May 30th, 2006: Anatomy Of A Comic - Part Three

Next up: making those pencil marks PERMANENT. I have three different pens I use to ink the strips but mostly rely on the Pilot Razor Point Extra Fine Tip. Then I take an eraser to the paper, remove the stray lines, and end up with this:



And that, my friends, is the last physical thing that will happen to the image before I scan it and drop it into my file of "finished strips."

Once scanned, it is saved as a 300dpi Bitmap and then the colors are dropped in:





Only a few short steps to go... will cover them tomorrow.

And by the way: if you click one of those images, you will get a larger view of them. No need to sit there squinting at the screen ;)

- J!

2 Comments:

At 5:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What imaging program do you use?

-Doc-

 
At 12:32 AM, Blogger Jow! said...

For the initial scan, formatting, and save, I use Photoshop (version 6, I think. I tried upgrading to version 7 but found it too different so I went back to 6.) Then, for the coloring, I use PhotoSuite since I like it's color filling utility much much more than Photoshop's. Then, it's back to Photoshop for text, format, and save.

- J!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home