Thursday, December 18, 2008

December 18th, 2008: Holiday Cheer & Other Fun Stuff


As those of you who read the PIRATE COVE blog know, my full-time job involves motion picture production. The PIRATE COVE comic strip is my part-time escape from reality.

So before I get into the ins & outs of PIRATE COVE's holiday schedule, I thought I'd let those of you who've been chomping at the bit for information know that our next movie, STREET FIGHTER: THE LEGEND OF CHUN-LI is scheduled to be released in the US theatrically on February 27th, 2009!

We've got Kristin Kreuk as Chun-Li, Michael Clarke Duncan as Balrog, Neal McDonough as Bison, and Taboo from the Black Eyed Peas as Vega (my personal favorite character from the game and from the film. Alas, Vega doesn't get much screen time as I'd have liked. Perhaps in the sequel?)

The marketing gurus at Fox are putting the finishing touches on the trailer and poster even as we speak - I daresay they will be online within a week and in theaters shortly thereafter! Woo hoo!

OK, enough propaganda. Back to the webcomic. Yes, there will be a new comic posted on Monday, December 22nd. I couldn't let you face a Monday without your daily dose! PIRATE COVE will be taking its holiday hiatus from December 23rd through January 2nd, returning on January 5th.

So, on behalf of Joe, Biff, Brian, Patty, Louis, Edre, Randy, and the rest of the PIRATE COVE crew, I hereby wish y'all a happy holiday season. Keep it safe, keep it merry, and I'll see you in 2009 when I promise to continue to ignore the blog like the complete bastard I am.

Best wishes,

- Joe!

5 Comments:

At 4:46 PM, Blogger Jow! said...

BY the way... yes, that photo is a close-up I took of a portion of a certain mask we have on display here in our office and no, I cannot answer any specific questions about the film. Sorry to be such a tease!

- J

 
At 6:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope the trailer does release sometime soon! Because the lack of a trailer and promos for this film has been shedding a negative light on it. :(

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger ihsanamin said...

Ugh... The mask looks horrible.

Actually, the one character they got right in the 1994 Street Fighter flick was Balrog (Vega in US).
What happened to that mask?

 
At 4:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you please tell Fox that they're seriously dropping the ball with this film promotion wise?

Thanks!

 
At 6:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Most people don't like the trailer. Bison in a business suit seems wrong. Is he REALLY in a suit throughout the entire movie? And when when an English trailer come out? How much longer before some promotion starts happening for this movie? A website would be nice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home